Topic: Inbound marketing/Lead generation
Some questions to ask (ourselves or our clients)
- Why did you go into this business?
What are your goals?
What is your product/service/thing?
Who is your ideal client?
What do they feel when they buy/get/use your thing?
Don’t forget the power of in-person networking too!
Giving is the new selling.
Whatever you do to attract your audience (blog posts etc.), do it consistently.
Automating marketing tasks
Types of “Lead Magnets”
- White Paper
- Download (icon set, template)
This was for a Blogger site so it may or may not work for other migrations. I used WP.com as an intermediary. As long as you have the WP.com site public (so the images can be grabbed), you can install and run the plugin called Cache Images by Matt Mullenweg. Run the option for Scan (including linked). It will grab all of the images from WP.com and move over, attaching to the appropriate posts.
Links for Migrating Typepad to WordPress – including images:
- Typepad’s recommendations
- Step by step example (grab a cup of coffee to read this one)
- Post with variations and options
- TP2WP – pay-for-service ($49
Links of possible interest
- 17 Hats: Business Tools
- HubSpot: inbound marketing resource
- Letting Go of the Words (helps in writing buyer personas)
- TopicB: local guys I met at MeetUp, their plugin provides live conversations around your posts connecting people to your posts to have live discussions about your topics
- LayersWP: new, free, drag and drop framwork theme
- TailorBrands: fun automated logo generator…albeit insulting to true brand/designers
- A list of free resources of possible interest
- Mark’s “new” Simple TinyMCE plugin. (Previously mentioned on the blog.)
- “Our themes don’t have sliders… Because sliders suck.” on Yoast.com
And what should we do instead of Image Sliders?
- Divi Theme from Elegant Themes (Sheila’s affiliate link for Divi)
- PillarDesign.net – A new site with interesting design/layout coded by one of us!
Jeanie will lead discussion about content marketing