- Take vacations! (And getting people to cover for you)
- Merging businesses!
- Expanding your business
- Marketing your business
If you want to help organize, get involved soon! Email Morgan.
Weekly biz + WordPress meetup on the East side: Tech it Easy with WordPress
Should we add more members? What’s most important in new members? Some connection to WordPress. CONSISTENCY (at least the intention!). Having your own [established] businesses.
Future topics ideas (plenty of overlap with Future Topics):
- Designer-developer collaboration
- Core model (content development method, described on A List Apart)
- Client relationships (various communication style assessments)
- Usability (Sara leads or someone else)
- Accessibility (Mark can lead discussions but would want to know what people want to know, Mark might treat good wordcamp talk)
- Introduce some accountability group-style activities during checkins.
- We will start doing this experimentally with check-ins next meeting.
- First up: Mark will move his site hosting by the September meeting! You are allowed to bother him about that then.
- Special WordPress tech topics with subset of group
- “Lean coffee” (when we don’t have another topic)
- One thing going well, three things not, one nonwork related thing
- More demos/showcases/etc. with projector
- Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools / Search Console
There will be no full August meeting. Mark will email the tech people to see if they’re interested in meeting to discuss preprocessors/tech workflows.
Mark is tentatively presenting on accessibility in September (which will hopefully be a preview of his planned WordCamp talk)