- GiveCamp, October 2-4 – Nonprofit tech hackathon
- InfoCamp, October 17 – Unconference about information architecture, UX, content strategy, etc.
- WordCamp, October 24-25 – You know.
Resources / Sites That Came Up
- http://theperkinsschool.org – Site Sara just launched!
- http://www.boomeranggmail.com – Tool to help you schedule emails for those clients that need to learn to wait 😉
- http://mrwweb.com/hover-drop-downs-problems-solutions/ – Blog post about dealing with hover drop down menus (and avoiding them)
- Two menus you can use:
- Two examples of ways to handle menus and mobile
- http://alistapart.com/blog/post/evaluating-ideas – Source of this great graphic:
Accessibility Presentation & Resources
- Find the errors on my bad accessibility test page! http://mrwweb.com/files/devsigner-a11y.html
- http://a11yweekly.com – New newsletter about accessibility from an Automattician. Could be a good way to help you keep thinking about accessibility!
- Alt Text Decision Tree: http://dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/developer.html#tree
- WP Accessibility Plugin
- MRW Web Design Simple TinyMCE Plugin
- Paste as Plain Text Plugin
- Gravity Forms & Contact Form 7 Add-on Plugins
- Genesis Accessible Plugin
- Tota11y – Easy to understand but incomplete bookmarklet tester
- WAVE Toolbar – More powerful and more technical
- Chrome Dev Tools Accessibility Audit – More technical, seems to miss stuff
- Color Contrast Analyzer – Powerful for testing contrast in complex layouts (transparency, text overlay, etc.)
- NoCoffee – Simulate various vision impairments in your browser on any site
Suggestion to discuss pricing when you’re coordinating other designers and developers.
We forgot our accountability check-in! Good news though: I moved my site before last month’s meeting we didn’t even have! I just so happened to move to Siteground too, so I’m happy to talk about it. They support wp-cli which I’ve had fun playing with.